1.30.2011

My New Favorite Artist

"When I look at a wildlife or nature subject, I don’t see the feathers in the wings, I just count the wings. I see exciting shapes, color combinations, patterns, textures, fascinating behavior and endless possibilities for making interesting pictures. I regard the picture as an ecosystem in which all the elements are interrelated, interdependent, perfectly balanced, without trimming or unutilized parts; and herein lies the lure of painting; in a world of chaos, the picture is one small rectangle in which the artist can create an ordered universe."

I've been looking for a fabulous calendar for this new year and was having a hard time finding one that stood out to me. So this past week I thought I better try Barnes and Noble again. So while looking through their 50% off calendars I stumbled upon this amazing modern artsy animal calendar by Charley Harper. So I picked up one for me and one for my sister. The pictures are fabulous and I might of bought an extra one to eventually cut and hang the pictures in a kids room. :-) Here are a few of his amazing pieces that appeared when I googled his name. Also I ended up purchasing a book about his art from amazon.com and that should arrive sometime this week.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Love these pictures! Cool artist!