9.14.2008

Two Flat Tires In 10 Days! I Am Jinxed!

Imagine seeing this face below screaming on the side of the highway!

FLAT TIRES STINK!!!!
TWO FLAT TIRES MEANS YOU'RE JINXED!!!!

So flat tire story #1!
On September 3 I picked up my roommate Jocelyn and her little brother Conrad from SLC airport and we started to drive up to Idaho. I thankfully survived driving through Utah and was not killed by any psycho UT drivers! Hours later we just passed Pocatello, ID and were now in the middle of NOWHERE. I felt like the car felt a little weird and I felt like we should pull over. So off to the side of the highway we go as people are hauling buns past us at 80-85 mph. When we are finally pulled over I get out of the car and to my horror we have a flat tire on the front left. I freak out! No surprise there really though. Moving on we then unload the back of the car with all of our luggage and pull out the spare tire and all that jazz to see if we can change it ourselves. I call AAA and then basically after I hang up with them this nice man pulls over and changes it for us. Thank you nice mountain man! Next we proceed to Blackfoot going 50mph with our flashers on and people hauling buns around us to Jocelyn's uncles house to see if he can help us get a new tire. But of course we conveniently got a flat at 5pm when every shop is closed. Then we decide to try and drive to Rexburg and stay at Jocelyn's step dads friends house because we were not going to try and even risk making it to my parents house in Irwin on a spare. Anyways we made it to Rexburg and stayed at the family's house and then in the morning we got the apartment room we wanted and cupboard space too! YAY! That day I also got a new tire!

Life was good!

Flat tire story #2!
Yesterday, September 13 Jocelyn and I decided to go to Idaho Falls to run some errands. Before we even left we were walking out to the car and I said that I was kinda paranoid about my tires. 10 minutes down the road as we are driving on the 20 I say "oh it feels like my alignments off". And then the dreaded noise! Kaplunk kaplunk! So we pull over to the side of the highway again and I get out of the car and walk around to see what had happened. Then I see it! The dreaded flat tire number two. This time it was the right back tire! I loose it. I scream and throw my hands up in the air! I feel like kicking something. I call my dad to let him know it happened again. We proceed to empty out the back of the car again. We are just pulling out the spare when a police office pulls over to help us. The cop is super nice and good looking. I have never talked or had any interactions with an on duty cop before so I was kinda surprised he was so nice! Anyways when we were talking to the cop Jocelyn kinda slipped out and said that the guy I bought my tires from in Virginia should be shot! haha And the cop looked up at her and was like "what?" And then she elaborated on it. But it was so funny...I was laughing inside! I couldn't believe she said that to a cop! Then the spare tire was on and we were back in the car. But we didn't know if we should pull out first or if the cop should. So I went first with the flashers on and then he followed us to the nearest exit. We then waved thanks and went on our own way. We drove back to Rexburg and went back to the tire store and then I got 3 new tires because apparently my other tires are ticking time bombs!

Life is good again!

1 comment:

Chris Fullmer said...

Oh Maren, poor girl!